Operating system authentication on NT

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:53:38 -0800

Hi!

How do I enable operating system authentication on NT/2000?

I have a Windows user COMOBJECT that I want to authenticate in Oracle without a password.

I also created an Oracle user COMOBJECT (same password as windows user) with privileges to access some objects.

Then I set

   remote_login_passwordfile = none
   os_authent_prefix = ""
in the init.ora and bounced the instance.

Now I log into Windows as the comobject user and issue: sqlplus /

and get ORA-1004: default username feature not supported

What am I missing?

This is 8.1.6 on Win2k. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 12:53:38 CST