RE: Oracle security vulnerabilities

From: Jim Conboy <Jim.Conboy_at_trw.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:54:33 -0800

Rachel, I'm not going to pick on any individuals, in fact I commend your = friend for taking the extra effort to send the email.=20

BUT.. As an organization, Oracle seems to be dropping the ball. If there are = newly discovered vulnerabilities, or known ones that perhaps we should = double-check because they've recently gotten more exposure, where is this = information publicized? I go to Oracle.com and find an article something = like "What's right about Oracle and wrong with the rest of the world" (I'm = not kidding!), but nothing about security alerts. Its irritating that I = now must rummage thru my bookmarks of security sites to figure out what = this guy is talking about.=20

Jim

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 11/28/00 09:26PM >>>
The original of this message was sent internally within Oracle... it was = a=20
friend of mine who asked that I publicize it.

And he is not on the lists because he is already on several internal = Oracle=20
email lists and can barely handle the volume of mail he receives as it is.

Let's be fair here.....