counting users

From: Josef Huber <oracle-db_at_bretterbauer.at>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:38:49 +0100

hello i need to count how many machines are connected to the database for my copy protection.

finaly i've issued following sql statement to do it

SELECT COUNT(*) cnt
  FROM (SELECT DISTINCT machine
FROM v$session
WHERE osuser != 'SYSTEM' AND USER# != 0);

now my problem it that we want to use a terminal server and above query don't works.
i'm alway get back 1

any suggestions ideas ? Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 07:38:49 CST