RE: Can't update table

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_OBG.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:47:05 -0500

Is the column being used as a foreign key?

>>> "Bond, Mike" <CEMAB_at_cews.okc.disa.mil> 11/29/00 04:05PM >>> yes. =20

I noticed that this table was the only one with 'CACHE' turned on so I turned it off. Now I am able to update a row, but there is such a perfomance problem that to update 1000 rows will take an hour.

There were no locks, no dba_waits or dba_blockers entries.

I bounced the db and nothing has changed.

Selects work fine.

I'm now looking at performance issues specific to this table.=20

thanks,

mike

Author: Bond, Mike
  INET: CEMAB_at_cews.okc.disa.mil=20

Author: Jeffery Stevenson
  INET: jeff_at_mpv.com=20

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org=20

Author: Bond, Mike
  INET: CEMAB_at_cews.okc.disa.mil=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Nov 29 2000 - 15:47:05 CST