Heterogeneous Services in Oracle 8i

From: Kieran Murray <Kieran.Murray_at_esat.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:30:36 -0000

Hi everyone,

We are trying to construct a data repository which draws data from 3 different data sources :-
An Oracle 8i datawarehouse, a Teradata data warehouse and SQL Server database.

Whilst I am aware that previously Oracle Transparent Gateway might have been a possible solution
for retrieving data from these 3 sources I was doing some reading on the Heterogeneous Services
available in 8i. Has anyone used them?
Are they easy to configure? How does the licensing work (would we have to purchase licenses
for Transparent Gateway or it's Oracle 8i equivalent).

Would appreciate any help at all on this...

Best Regards,

Kieran Murray
Norkom Technologies,
43 Upper Mount Street, Dublin 2, Ireland Tel :- +353 86 8117916

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.

http://www.marketplace.ie
Ireland's Home for eBusiness