Re: Off Topic - Citrix: Any Max Limitations?

From: Jay Weinshenker <jweinshe_at_concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:36:35 -0600

Well, it actually seems to be closer to about 50 per box for us.

Citrix machines are limited to 4G of memory. Citrix can only utilize 2G for users. Now, 2G/50 users allows about 40M a user. Not too bad, right? Well, Jinit (if you're going to be using Oracle Applications) can take anywhere from 15 to 30M of memory (depending on what it's using).

Then you have to factor in overhead for each user to run a winnt shell (unless your doing citrix for specifically published applications) and any other programs they may use (word, excel, instant messaging, other web browsers, wallpaper, etc)...

So yeah, the idea is right, but 60 might even be too high.