Database analysis

From: Taylor, Shirley <TaylorSI_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:04:20 -0400

We're looking for software which will help us to compare the state of = all
database objects before and after full export. We want to be able to = run a
program to gather info on schemas and objects that can then be used in automated validation routines after backup restorations and imports, = for
example: total count of tables by schema and row counts, status of = indices,
views, procedures, etc., current/next sequence value, etc. Ideally, = we'd
like to get a snapshot of the whole database before and after and = produce a
report to pinpoint differences. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shirley

Systems Admin & Operations	| Admin. et Expoit. des syst=E8ms
Technology Services 		| Services technologiques
Informatics Branch 		| Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO 	| R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO
St. Andrews, N.B., Canada
ph: (506)529-5911
fax:(506)529-5862
taylorsi_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 08:04:20 CST