SQL functions and indexes

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:44:28 +0100

Last night doing some study for OCP exam I came across a note I had written in course material for PL/SQL, "SQL functions ignore table indexes and therefore can impact on performance.". So now I'm wondering if this is correct or did I take a confused message. Anyone know?

Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

Visit: http://www.egroups.com/group/Oracle-OCP-DBA

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.