Re: OT: EBAY: Re: 8i OCP *tasks*

From: <bruce.taneja_at_mcd.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:54:50 -0600

Caution about EBAY!
I sent a check of 1025 to a guy for a laptop that I won in an EBAY auction.. The guy simply refused to send me the laptop.. Filed a police report with his name, address, phone number.. its unbelievable how much lazy the cops are..the case was assigned to some moron detective who refused to track this guy down..
EBAY default insurance covers only the first $175 of all transactions, the rest was a loss.. Not to mention the aggravating 3 months spend in following up with the insurance.. neither EBAY or the insurance company will provide a phone number.. !! emails only! which they take weeks to respond to..

Lesson learnt.. use the EBAY escrow option.. costs extra, but that way you are sure.. see ebay.com for details.. I bought "another" laptop from ebay, split the cost $60 with the seller and slept easy.. works. -bruce

"Joseph S. Testa" <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>@fatcity.com on 11/28/2000 07:35:21 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:
Subject: OT: EBAY: Re: 8i OCP *tasks*

i buy alot of stuff on ebay, i bet i've bought stuff ranging from a couple of dollars to hundreds of dollars with no problem, just check their rating.

joe
Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com wrote:

> I would LOVE to do this, but I can't find them. I saw a set on eBay for
about
> $750. But I don't really trust eBay. If I spend that much money, I want
the
> delivery of the product guaranteed. Plus I think that the price was a
little
> too high. But if anyone has them and is willing to sell them at a
reasonable
> price, let me know. While I do not trust eBay, I do trust the people on
this
> list! PS. I'm doing the 8i track:>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hannah
>
> "aaaa wwwwww" <krisibm_at_lycos.com> on 11/27/2000 09:55:37 PM
>
> Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> cc:
>
> Dear Gurus
>
> Catch hold of Student Books by Oracle Corporation to sail through OCP
>
> San

> INET: Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com

Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
No you can't fix an ORA-600 error, call Oracle Support.
Author: Joseph S. Testa
  INET: teci_at_oracle-dba.com