RMAN questions

From: <bruce.taneja_at_mcd.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:07:18 -0600

We are still working on the strategy to implement RMAN. Would appreciate any answers to these questions..
thanks in advance!!
Bruce

What is the difference between a 'full backup' and a 'level 0 with restricted mode' backup, can the latter be used as to rebuild the database if I have the control file?

Can RMAN generate two sets of tapes in one pass of the backup? Say we needed one tape to stay on site and one to rotate off-site for Disaster Recovery purposes.

Is there a way to use a backup file created by RMAN if RMAN fails? I thinking of a potential situation where there is a bug in RMAN and we can't do a restore/recovery. But if we had too we could go back to the level 0 by replacing the data files Am I answering the first question I asked above?

How does the backup speed to disk compare with tape? any experiences? Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 11:07:18 CST