Proliferating Oracle Memory Errors !!! BUGS, BUGS, BUGS.

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:49:20 -0800

SUDDENLY I'm getting numerous Oracle memory errors (ORA-600's and ORA-7445's -- Has Oracle been hiring Microsoft employees?) This has occurred on three different databases on three different machines and I'm spending all my time submitting and following up on TAR's with OWS. All the machines are running Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 and SunOS 5.7.

It all seems to be related to the recent implementation of AQ. Has anyone implemented AQ on Oracle 8.1.6.0.0 on Solaris? AND have you had any memory problems? We have also experienced data dictionary corruption and I see a Metalink note where AQ memory bugs have corrupted the data dictionary too. I also see many other Oracle bugs on Metalink so I'm thinking about sending them a can or Raid.

AAAhhhhh,
Steve Orr Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 13:49:20 CST