RE: user password expire

From: Yexley Robert D SSgt AFIT/SCA <Robert.Yexley_at_afit.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:28:25 -0500

Whoa, that's WAY more complicated than it needs to be. If you need me to, I can look up the exact syntax of the commands, but DBMS_JOB does NOT need to be involved here. If you need to expire users passwords after a set amount of time, on Oracle8x you can setup profiles that will allow you to set what the password expire time period is, and password history tracking, so that users cant use the same password over and over resetting it to the same thing. It takes care of it all through profiles. If you look into setting up profiles it should shed a lot more light on this for you, and again, if you need more info/help with this, or can't find the information, let me know and I can look it up....I know I have it here somewhere, just can't remember exactly where I read it before.

-::YEX::-
<)))><