RE: user password expire

From: Kamalakannan, D (CAP, GCF) <D.Kamalakannan_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:48:58 +0100

To my Knowledge there is a provision to set the password life time in the Profile Level in versions of Oracle 8 and over. Here is an example to set it in already created profile

The following statement modifies profile PROF's PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME to 60 days and PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME to 10 days:

ALTER PROFILE prof LIMIT

   PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 60
   PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME 10; While you can create a Profile like this The following statement creates profile MYPROFILE with password profile limits values set:

CREATE PROFILE myprofile LIMIT

   FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS 5

   PASSWORD_LIFE_TIME 60
   PASSWORD_REUSE_TIME 60
   PASSWORD_REUSE_MAX UNLIMITED
   PASSWORD_VERIFY_FUNCTION verify_function
   PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME 1/24
   PASSWORD_GRACE_TIME 10;

Regards,
Kamal