Re: Where is DBA position in your organization?

From: April Sims <simsa_at_acu.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:00:15 -0600

Ben,

I came from a server/system admin position to my present DBA. Originally I thought that it should stay in server/system admin but now it has become apparent to me that we work more closely with the Application/programming group. Mainly because the things that you will need from your system admin are easy to implement (partition size, tape rotations, cron, etc.) pretty routine.
The application group need me to keep a close eye on what they do!!!! because the code will make or break performance for ORACLE.

>Hi,
>
>Our ITS department is re-structuring and there
>is some disagreement over where the DBA role
>fits into the new structure. Some feel the DBA
>is more closely aligned with the application
>development team while others want to see it
>placed in the server/system administration team.
>Where does the DBA position fit in your organization's
>structure?
>
>Ben
>--
>--
>Author: Ben Poels
> INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca

April Sims  MCSE, CNE	Abilene Christian University
Database Administrator	ACU Box 29005
Information Technology	Abilene, TX 79699
simsa_at_acu.edu	        Vx:(915)674-2681 Fx:674-6724