8i OCP *tasks*

From: <Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:15:11 -0500

Hi List,

     Seen alot of OCP questions recently and feel ok now to throw in mine.

I am just starting for the 8i track. I want to start with the Admin test. However, like others here, do not use 8i in production. What I want to try to do is compile a list a *tasks* that I should be able to perform for this test. My intention in to LEARN Oracle, not just pass a test. But all materials I see focus on PASSING the test. I would like to perform ALL of the task that I need on a live DB (I have a complete server setup at home). I find this type of thing lacking. What I am looking for is like the following:

  1. Create adb
  2. Add users
  3. Assign/revoke priveldeges
  4. etc.

This way, I am actually DOING the work. I am not asking HOW to do these things. If I don't know, I will research it. It is the BEST way to learn. It would be nice to get this type of thing for all of the tests, but I'll start at the DB Admin.

I want to create a *comprehensive list*. I have gone as far as to try to get course syllabus too, but they are never detailed enough.

Thanks in advance.

Hannah

 From: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
 Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:18:01 -0500
 Subject: Re:RE: pro C

What platform, Please?? Different platforms, like HP-UX, require setting a particular compiler option to define how it looks for a shared library, otherwise the linker in it's "infinite wisdom" will hardcode the path in.

Dick Goulet

Subject: RE: pro C
Author: "DEMANCHE Luc (Cetelem)" <luc.demanche_at_cetelem.fr> Date: 11/23/2000 4:30 AM

hi,

I have a another question about demo_proc.mk

I tried to use $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc.mk with all my environments variables pointed to /app/oracle/product/8.1.6 (included LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and when a executed my program, it still asks for a Oracle7 library called libclntsh.so.1.0 Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 08:15:11 CST