OEM on Solaris with 8.1.6

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:14:07 -0600

Rocky,

This is what we used to fix the problem on 8.1.5. Got the fix from Informatica. Back up your
file (and perhaps the whole directory) before you start. I tarred mine up. It was pretty
small.

Hope this helps,

Cherie

This actually is a known Oracle 8 bug. The Oracle Bug Number is BUG:636257

The workaround:
1) Make the following modification to the ORACLE_HOME/bin/genclntsh file. - Comment out line number 145 of the genclntsh file. Line 145 looks as follows:
ar d $LIBCOMMON sorapt.o

When you're done modifying the file, line 145 should look as follows: #ar d $LIBCOMMON sorapt.o

2) Regenerate the shared client library by executing the genclnsh script

3) Relink Oracle svrmgr if necessary, i.e. cd ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
make -f ins_rdbms.mk isvrmgrl

Glen Cook
> INFORMATICA

3350 West Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303 Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 13:14:07 CST