user variables and bind variables in sqlplus

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:57:53 -0500

I'm using sqlplus 3.2.3 and pl/sql 2.2.3 (the versions that came with rdbms 7.2.3) and I'm stuck.

I need to get a result from a select statement and return it to the unix shell script environment.

Getting the result into a bind variable is a relatively trivial excersice, but in this version of sqlplus, the quit command does not accecpt a bind variable argument, only a user variable arguement.

I can't figure it out. Anybody done this with this relatively old software?

R. Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com   It will make sense when you stop thinking logically   and start thinking Oracle-ly - Jim Droppa Received on Mon Nov 27 2000 - 13:57:53 CST