RE: SOS Alert

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infy.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:30:09 +0530

Enqueues are at their MAX value of 200,000 increasing Beyond which failing with Some Error .
NOTE - Going beyond 500 A/cs per minute Failing Even for Reduced Loads on a "test" Database
as shown below . Hence the problem does NOT seem to be with enqueue

SVRMGR> Rem System wide wait events for non-background processes (PMON,
SVRMGR> Rem SMON, etc).  Times are in hundreths of seconds.  Each one of
SVRMGR> Rem these is a context switch which costs CPU time.  By looking at
SVRMGR> Rem the Total Time you can often determine what is the bottleneck
SVRMGR> Rem that processes are waiting for.  This shows the total time spent
SVRMGR> Rem waiting for a specific event and the average time per wait on
SVRMGR> Rem that event.
SVRMGR> select 	n1.event "Event Name",
     2>        	n1.event_count "Count",
     3> 	n1.time_waited "Total Time",
     4> 	round(n1.time_waited/n1.event_count, 2) "Avg Time"
     5>    from stats$event n1
     6>    where n1.event_count > 0
     7>    order by n1.time_waited desc;
Event Name                       Count         Total Time    Avg Time
-------------------------------- ------------- ------------- -------------
SQL*Net message from client           11705094       7907973           .68
db file sequential read                 424242        345894           .82
log file sync                             2863         83922         29.31
write complete waits                       905         71401          78.9
SQL*Net more data from client             3991         36292          9.09
buffer busy waits                         1050         26356          25.1
SQL*Net message to client             11705093          8436             0
free buffer waits                           60          4718         78.63
enqueue                                     95          1873         19.72
direct access I/O                          116          1249         10.77
log file switch completion                  33          1103         33.42
rdbms ipc reply                             51           339          6.65
buffer deadlock                             52           100          1.92
latch free                                3161            50           .02
db file scattered read                     288            11           .04