Re: Oracle8i - XML Support

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin_at_sirma.bg>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:06:46 +0200

> Hi! Please provide me an URL about some new features of Oracle8i for
> handling XML file data? Or provide some queries based on which we can
> search for
> a keyword/indexing features?

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/ is the place to start reading from. U'll find info about the XML parsers and XSL/XPath/XSD processors from Oracle. Take a look at the XML-SQL Utility that helps u transform a recordset from the table into an XML tree and store an XML tree into a table.

interMedia Text allows full text searches over XML content

> I have got to find some information about the
> same and also some browse for additional features as
> how to use RDF in the database.

If u're asking for the Oracle RFD support - there is none. If u're asking for general ideas about storing RDF into a DB take a look at "Storing RDF in a relational database"
http://www-db.stanford.edu/~melnik/rdf/db.html

hth,

    Marin

"The happier people can be, the unhappier they are..."

                              Paulo Coelho, "Veronika decides to die"