RE: Oracle in NT and file locks

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 10:48:59 +0100

Tim,

Thanx for taking the time to post this. I hit a similar problem with Veritas backup and v7.3.3 database.
We take disk-to-disk cold backups so I had the luxury of asking NT admin guy to exclude the Oracle data files from the backup cycle, as they were being backed up from disk-to-disk copy. As for Veritas backup exec, which I don't manage, I get the impression, from your posting, that Veritas can be configured to overcome this problem?. If so I'd like to hear more please!.

Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

Visit: http://www.egroups.com/group/Oracle-OCP-DBA

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.