ORA-06420

From: David Barbour <dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 21:27:57 -0600

Greetings -

I have a rather strange situation occuring. The first time I attempt to reference a table in a database on a remote server I get an ORA-06420 error. If I immediately try the same command(desc or select) again, it works!

The error means - : From the remote host's server: the database SID, specified in the login (connect) string, was not recognized. Why would this be a problem on the first go around, but not subsequent connects?

Any ideas?

David A. Barbour
Oracle DBA - ConnectSouth
512-681-9438
dbarbour_at_connectsouth.com Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 21:27:57 CST