RE: "log buffer space" event still there?

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 10:21:50 -0000

Alex

I too am on 8.1.6 on W2K:

SQL> desc v$session_event

 ----------------------------------------- -------- ------------------
 SID                                                NUMBER
 EVENT                                              VARCHAR2(64)
 TOTAL_WAITS                                        NUMBER
 TOTAL_TIMEOUTS                                     NUMBER
 TIME_WAITED                                        NUMBER
 AVERAGE_WAIT                                       NUMBER
 MAX_WAIT                                           NUMBER

First thing I notice is that there are no columns called seconds_in_wait or state:

SQL> select * from v$session_event
  2 where event like 'log%';

       SID EVENT

---------- -----------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL_WAITS TOTAL_TIMEOUTS TIME_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT MAX_WAIT ----------- -------------- ----------- ------------ ----------
         3 log file sequential read
         10              0           0            0          0

         3 log file single write
         16              0           0            0          0

         3 log file parallel write
       1452              1           0            0          0

So it doesn't show up on mine either. You are not alone.. I'm guessing that you want to see how big the log buffer is? If so, under NT the LOG_BUFFER parameter will show the value set for it:

SQL> show parameter log_buffer

NAME                                 TYPE    VALUE

log_buffer integer 32768

HTH Mark

Hi gurus,
Oracle 8.1.6 Server on W2K:
The Oracle Guide say that you supposed to get an information about the "log buffer space" event if you query
the v$session_event view.

SELECT sid, event, seconds_in_wait, state FROM v$session_event
WHERE event = 'log buffer space';

I can't get any "log buffer" event does not matter how hard I try. Could it be that it was retired or it just did not show up on my system? Received on Thu Nov 23 2000 - 04:21:50 CST