Raw devices and striping. :------------------Urgent

From: Shreepad Vaidya <Shreepad.Vaidya_at_alltel.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:19 -0600

Hi All,
Oracle ----7.3.4.4.1
O.S ------ HP- UX 10.2
I would like suggestions and comments urgently. 1) We are currently using raw devices on HP-UX 2) Last week we carried out striping for the index tablespace.

     Now we have a 6 GB index tablespace striped across 3 disks (2 gb on each disk)

     There are 2 controllers .
     We rebuilt all the indexes and validated them successfully.

     Would striping along with raw devices pose any problems.
3) After this activity was carried out the reports work very slowly .
Now takes 4-5 hours instead of     half hour. Also some reports after
working for 4-5 hours give a malloc error and generate       a trace
file . These process also hogs a lot of CPU  and are affecting the
speed of other      batch jobs.
     Funny thing is the glance utility shows that 500 mb user mem is
free .
4) Yesterday we had to restart our database (since killing this process did not seem to work. Our daily batch job which completes in 10 minutes each started taking 2-3 hours each )

3) The finger seems to be pointing towards the new index tablespace .

     Currently the plan is to revert back to the old scenario for
index tablespace (during night     time).     Would that help in any
way.

          Thanks.

                    shreepad.