cli.trc files

From: Bill Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:50:37 -0800

Hello,

I am running oracle 8.1.6.2.0 on Solaris 7. I have the following two parameters defined in my sqlnet.ora file...

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = ADMIN
TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT = $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin

If I comment out the TRACE_DIRECTORY_CLIENT parameter a cli.trc file is generated in the local directory each time I invoke sqlplus. With the trace_directory_client parameter in the file I do not see a cli.trc file created anywhere, even in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin.

Can someone explain this to me please.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
Information Resources
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

I like to pick up hitchhikers. When they get in the car I say, 'Put on your seat belt. I want to try something. I saw it once in a cartoon, but I think I can do it.' Received on Tue Nov 21 2000 - 17:50:37 CST