Listener Problems

From: Terry Ball <terry_ball_at_csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 07:38:21 -0600

AIX 4.3 Oracle 8.1.6 Net8

I am trying to add a listener to what we already have. I have edited the listener.ora file with the necessary info including a different port. Yet when I try to start the new listener, I get an error saying the listener is already started. The old listener is using the default listener name - listener.

Here's what I'm seeing.

$ lsnrctl start listener_tlb

LSNRCTL for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 8.1.6.0.0 - Production on 20-NOV-2000 07:34:22 (c) Copyright 1998, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

TNS-01106: Listener using listener name listener has already been started

Does anyone have an explanation. I am not trying to start the listener listener. I am trying to start the new listener_tlb listener. Do I need to shut down the listener first? Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 07:38:21 CST