Re: Inserting an ampersand (&)

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:59:09 -0500

Hello Paul,

Monday, November 20, 2000, 10:00:22 AM, you wrote:

PvD> How do I insert an & sign into a table like .....values('mothers & PvD> daughters') ??

One way is to SET DEFINE OFF. That stops substitution from occurring. You can also escape the ampersand. I believe the default escape character is the backslash (\), so: "values 'mothers \& daughters')". I personally prefer to SET DEFINE OFF if I can get away with that, because I don't always remember to key that escape character.

Best regards,

Jonathan
mailto:jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 10:59:09 CST