RE: Exports > 2GB -- need scripts

From: Wang, Linda <lwang_at_messagemedia.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:49:35 -0700

How to import them?

-----Original Message-----
From: ARUN K C [mailto:arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com] Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 1:01 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Exports > 2GB -- need scripts

Use the below said script in your shell script it will export files greater than 2 gb.

echo "FULL EXPORT OF BLINK ON FOX HAS STARTED" |mailx 8774472907_at_skytel.com . /export/home/oracle/aruns_data/oracle_env ORACLE_SID=BLINK
export ORACLE_SID
cd $EXPORT_DIR
#
# set maximum file size for each chunk of the export file
#

MAXFILESIZE=2000m
export MAXFILESIZE
#
# create filenames for the parts of the backup... for now let's go to 3
#

FILENAME1=$EXPORT_DIR/fullexport/backup1_$ORACLE_SID.dmp
FILENAME2=$EXPORT_DIR/fullexport/backup2_$ORACLE_SID.dmp
FILENAME3=$EXPORT_DIR/fullexport/backup3_$ORACLE_SID.dmp
LOGFILE=$LOGS/backup_$ORACLE_SID.log
#
#
# create the pipes
#

mkfifo exportpipeaa
mkfifo exportpipeab
mkfifo exportpipeac
mkfifo wrkpipe
umask 000
#
# start the readers from the pipes to create the export files
#
dd if=exportpipeaa of=$FILENAME1 &
dd if=exportpipeab of=$FILENAME2 &
dd if=exportpipeac of=$FILENAME3 &

#
# start the reader from the wrkpipe to compress and split the export
#

dd if=wrkpipe|compress|split -b $MAXFILESIZE - exportpipe &
#
# start the export for real
#

exp "/" file=wrkpipe full=y compress=n buffer=4096000 LOG=$LOGFILE
#
# clean up after ourselves
#

rm exportpipeaa exportpipeab exportpipeac wrkpipe
#
# if you haven't used all the pipes, the dd may still linger on
# make sure to REALLY clean up
#

ps -ef|grep exportpipe|grep -vi grep|awk '{printf ("kill -9 %d; \n",$2)}'>kill.lst
chmod u+x kill.lst
sh kill.lst
rm kill.lst
echo "FULL EXPORT OF BLINK ON FOX IS COMPLETE" |mailx 8774472907_at_skytel.com

Author: ARUN K C
  INET: arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com