Q: about setup/login of Mgmt Server (Enterprise Mgr)

From: Shane <orac_mail_at_shane.economicsamerica.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:55:17 -0600 (CST)

Note: This is the first time I have been a sysadmin of Oracle, so I might not have a clue what I should be asking. The answer might be very easy. Please read 1/2 way through this post--I assume this is very easy to
answer...but I have no clue what to do.

Symptoms of the problem: I can't log in to Enterprise Manager or Management Server. However, I
can log in to DBA Studio in standalone mode.

My setup: Oracle8i is installed on a SPARC Solaris machine. I'm accessing it from a Windows2000 machine on the same LAN.

I would like to log into Oracle Management Server, but I don't seem to know what I'm missing.
As mentioned above, I have never logged into it before, so I don't know the simplest things, such
as what kind of input I need to give it so I can log in. When at the Oracle Enterprise Manager Login,
do I simply use the IP address in the Solaris machine? For the "Administrator" I put my username and
my password (which are the same for both the Solaris machine and for installation of Oracle on that machine). Since I'm a DBA (with every privilege possible) on that machine, I would think I could. Can you help?

Additional info:

I already used Configuration Assistant to create a repository. (In step 2 of the configuration Assistant,
In fact, when I ran the Configuration Assistant, I got feedback which confirms that a connection was
made to that database. Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 14:55:17 CST