Re: about setup/login of Mgmt Server (Enterprise Mgr)

From: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:21:05 -0600

Did you install Oracle Enterprise Manager on your Windows machine? Assuming you did, check to see if the Oracle Management Server service is running.

You need to log into the OEM console by specifying administrator/password, management server. If you haven't changed passwords yet, use sysman for administrator, oem_temp for the password. Management server is the box where the management server is running, not the database.

If your config worked as you say, this should get you right in.

Why a different login than for the database? Because the management server is a separate piece of software.

Once in, you'll need to discover services, provide perferred creditentials (Database/OS logins). Your next challange will be to actually connect to your database through OEM. ----- Original Message -----
From: Shane <orac_mail_at_shane.economicsamerica.org> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 2:55 PM
Subject: Q: about setup/login of Mgmt Server (Enterprise Mgr)