Urgent Remote login problem

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:39:22 -0600

I just migrated a 7.3.4 database to 8.1.5 on Sun Solaris.

Instructions said to copy init.ora, conv.dbf and orapwSID file from 7.3.4 $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory to 8,1.5. There was no orapwSID file in the 7.3.4 directory. Now my users complain that they cannot use OPS$ logins.

In the init.ora file
remote_os_authent was set to true
remote_login_passwordfile was not present in the init.ora file.

I added remote_login_passwordfile to init.ora file and tried setting it to exclusive, (got an error on startup), then to shared (got an error on startup) and then to none and was able to restart. They still indicate that they can't login to ops$.

How is the orapwfile created if you don't have one?

I am cut off from my documentation at home and my browser is on the fritz.

Any suggestions? What am I doing wrong? Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 18:39:22 CST