RE: 8i Installation

From: <Yerpude_at_btnl.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:43:01 +0530

Thanks for the support,

     I have defined the Display variable as suggested, but I am getting=

error message when I run runInstaller file. The error message says as

$ ./runInstaller: ^B=CA=C0^A^A^A^A#: not found ./runInstaller: syntax error at line 1:
`=F2^D@^A=C0=F4^E@^A_at_i^D@^A^M=F8$=C0=FF^C=F0^K^U=C0=FF^C^P ^M^U=C0=FF^C' unexpected

What could be the reason.

TIA
Lalit

                                                                       =

=20
Shakil AQ =
=20
<squadri_at_gisqat To: Yerpude_at_btnl.com =
=20
ar.org.qa> cc: oracledba_at_quickdoc.c= o.uk =20 Subject: RE: 8i Installa= tion =20 11/20/00 07:08 =
=20
PM =
=20
=
=20
=
=20

On the system where you will run Oracle Universal Installaer, set DISPL= AY
the system name or IP address. Do not use the hostname or IP address of=  the
system where the software is being installed unless you are performing = the
installation from that system's X-windows console. Use the follwoing sy= ntax
for setting the display:

$DISPLAY=3Dworkstation_name:0.0
$export DISPLAY

For example your own workstation IP address is : 150.150.4.128 and the = name
is of workstation is test

$DSIPLAY=3D150.150.4.128:0.0
$export DISPLAY

or

$DSIPLAY=3Dtest:0.0
$export DISPLAY

I hope this may help you.

List correct me if I am wrong.

Shakil

Think you know someone who can answer the above question? Forward it to=

them!
to unsubscribe, send a blank email to oracledba-unsubscribe_at_LAZYDBA.com=

to subscribe send a blank email to oracledba-subscribe_at_LAZYDBA.com Received on Mon Nov 20 2000 - 08:13:01 CST