Re: Top on Sun Solaris

From: John Kanagaraj <JKanagaraj_at_mfi.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 22:12:26 -0800

Rachel Carmichael wrote:

> You don't need to worry... the 190M includes the shared memory of the SGA
> for all processes that are connected to the database. Your TRUE process
> memory is much smaller
>
> >From: Raj Gopalan <raj.gopalan_at_netdecisions.co.uk>

Hi Raj,

Also keep in mind that of the non SGA part of the memory, a large portion of the code is also part of the shared libraries (i.e. the re-entrant code of both the program code as well as the system's shared library code). Ultimately, what you will have to be worried about is the unshared portion of the Resident Code/Data sizes...

John Kanagaraj
http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila

Disclaimer : The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect those of MFI or its associates Received on Sat Nov 18 2000 - 00:12:26 CST