RE: Reorgainzation of Oracle Applications Schema

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:04:55 EST

If you table size is not in Giga Bytes and if you have large rollback segment then make copy of your existing table with unrecoverable in a separate tablespace , truncate your original table ar_schedules* etc , resize your next extent of original table and insert back from your copy table.
No chance of losing any triggers,index etc.

Although it insert part is comparativly slow but it is safe. Regards
Rafiq

From: Ed Maurer <emaurer_at_acquirex.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: RE: Reorgainzation of Oracle Applications Schema Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:50:58 -0800

The problem(s) with Oracle apps is that referential integrity comes via triggers owned by the user 'APPS', not by the schema owner (ar,ap, etc.). You can, however, write scripts to recreate all objects referencing any givin table with the priviso that you create them as a user with DBA privs. Or you can go the easy way and buy Quest software's live reorg product, which has been tested with Oracle apps. DO NOT use export/import on large apps installs - you'll create more problems than you expect, and the times to execute are exorbitant - because you'll need to run two imports (object only followed by rows) and still have to recompile all objects via adadmin.

HTH
Ed Maurer

Author: Ed Maurer
   INET: emaurer_at_acquirex.com