Re: Exports > 2GB -- need scripts

From: Akhil Ramani <Akhil.Ramani_at_3cc.co.wayne.mi.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:52:23 -0500

Here are the scripts for export and import:

For export:
mknod t1.dmp p
compress < t1.dmp> t10.dmp.Z &
exp us/pw parfile=3Dexp.dat

For Import:
/etc/mknod t1.dmp p
dd of=3Dt10.dmp if=3Dt1.dmp &
imp us/pw parfile=3Dimp.dat

Ramani
DBA
>>> <cemail_at_sprintmail.com> 11/17/00 01:25PM >>>

I have a 45GB Oracle 8.0.5 database on HPUX. I want to be able to do nightly exports so that if any of the tables gets "accidentally" truncated or whatever, we can restore just the table and not have to restore the entire database.

Does anybody have a script that uses the split(?) utility and compress so that the export isn't bigger than 2GB? What about importing? Can just one table be picked out of that large of an export if the export is split up and compressed? Please let me know your experience/advice on doing this.

Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

--=20
Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com=20 --=20
Author:=20
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 14:52:23 CST