stored procedure

From: David Turner <turner_at_elvis.mu.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:40:43 -0600

Anyone have a stored procedure that I can use to drop and recreate the indexes? For many of my load jobs I need to drop the indexes and then create them again later. What I would like is if Oracle didn't drop the definition of the index out of the data dictionary so I would still have the information to rebuild it. Instead I am going to have to create my own index dictionary tables so that when I drop the index the index definition is stored in the table for rebuilding it after the load.

If anyone has any code for this under 8i I'd appreciate it.

Dave Turner Received on Fri Nov 17 2000 - 17:40:43 CST