Re: Newbie Help!

From: djordjej <djordjej_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 18:37:27 -0500

In the SID_LIST in the listener file you have to ented SID of the instance it is listening to. What you have now is just the part for the external programs. It should look like:

  (SID_DESC=
   (SID_NAME=prod)
   (ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/8.0.4))

In the tnsnames ora file you should have something like:

XXXX =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = YYYY)(PORT = 1521))     (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = prod))
  )

Of course replace XXXX and YYYY appropriately.

HTH Djordje