Re: Rollback segments confusion ?

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:20:35 -0800 (PST)

Mandeep,

I am not sure what made you think rollback segments are not in memory and only on disk. The rollback segment blocks (like all other blocks except pure temporary tablespace blocks) are modified in memory first, before written to disk. And when a block gets modified it becomes dirty, goes on the dirty list and then eventually gets down to disk. Just like the other blocks.

Hope that helps,

Gaja

Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
Director, Storage Management Products, Quest Software Inc. Office : (972)-304-1170, E-mail : gajav_at_yahoo.com

Author - Oracle Tuning 101 by Osborne McGraw-Hill "Opinions and views expressed are my own and not of Quest"

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Calendar - Get organized for the holidays! Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 11:20:35 CST