webdb question - create a form

From: Nguyen, Long <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:40:37 +1100

I am new to webdb and using webdb to develop a simple application. I have gone through the tutorial. If you have used webdb pls see if you could help me out here. Much appreciated.

What I want to do is
Create a form based on a stored procedure,

    	and the procedure has 4 IN parameters
	and the form has 4 fields for the user to type in

I created the form, but trhe problem I have is that I want one of the input fields to be optional, and if the user does not put in any value, then the form would pass a NULL value for this parameter to the procedure behind the scence.

How can I do it?

(With my form so far if the user does not put in a value in the field the form does not pass any value to the procedure and so I got "Invalid cursor" error message when running the form). Received on Wed Nov 15 2000 - 18:40:37 CST