Parallel Server definition please.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:49:10 -0500

List,
I have been reading the information provided by Oracle about parallel = server option and I have confused myself (easy task lately).. Oracle = states that Parallel Server Option allows 2 instances to access the same = database at the same time. No problem understanding that part. We have an = Alpha Clustered box that has 2 cpu boxes sharing the same os disk, = multiple controllers and paths to the database disks. Is this the same as = Parallel Server option? I would have to set each box up with a different = IP address in the listner to allow access to both cpu boxes.  I am confused and need direction to clarify the answer.  Another option would be to use 1 cpu box IP as the development and the = other as the production and then set up the listner to work in that = manner. But what about the instances? there is 1 os drive for the 2 = servers and where do I install Oracle because there is only 1 disk farm = accessable to both cpu boxes?
 Have I confused you too?
ROR m=AA=BF=AAm Received on Wed Nov 15 2000 - 11:49:10 CST