RE: BIZARRE Query Optimization

From: John Dailey <John.Dailey_at_concept-solutions.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:12:31 -0500

Steven, do you have a hint in your query? I ran in to something similar to this here recently... we are using RULE and the developer used FIRST_ROWS... query took 20 mins and tkprof output looked like a train wreck. removed the hint and reduced to 1 1/2 mins. Just a thought. Metalink notes said if using certain hints automatically forces CBO which could explain odd access you are experiencing....

John Dailey, MCSE/MCP+I
Consultant
Concept Solutions, LLC

Concept Solutions, LLC
*Your Business Intelligence Partner*
www.concept-solutions.com

Author: Steven Monaghan
  INET: MonaghaS_at_mscdirect.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Wed Nov 15 2000 - 13:12:31 CST