TYT Oracle 8i Bible Question: Effect of Large_Pool_Size o...

From: <Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 07:55:45 -0500

Subject:
TYT Oracle 8i Bible Question: Effect of Large_Pool_Size on size of SGA

TYT (take your time to respond - ie. just FYI, not production issue).

I've been studying the Oracle8i DBA bible and compiling my own *posters* so to speak. I am currently working on the SGA and associated initialization parameters. After I read a section in the *bible*, I cross reference the Oracle Concepts document for finer detail.

Ok, here's my question: There are a few paramters that greatly impact the overall size of the SGA:

  1. db_block_size
  2. db_block_buffers
  3. log_buffer
  4. shared_pool_size
  5. large_pool_size

In order to calculate the overall size of the SGA , would you: A * (B + C + D + E) ?

what is the calculation used by SQL Plus when you use the SHOW command with the SGA clause? (BTW, I did not see that the SGA clause was available in 7.3.4, looks like its only supported in 8i).

This command is supposed to show the current size of the SGA. What other parameters belong to this calculation? Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 06:55:45 CST