TYT: Oracle Object Orientated support - how commonly used

From: <Hannah.M.Doran_at_sb.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:02:11 -0500

Just a note, since I work as a DBA and am also studying Oracle in general (for the OCPs), I'll preface *study* type questions with TYT (take your time), so that the list knows its not an urgent request or production question, just me trying to get more details or FYI.

With Oracle 8i being considered and Object-Oriented Relational DBMS, I'm curious how many people are taking advatnage of this functionality in a prodcution environment. I'm a former developer/programmer so understand OOP in a programming language sense (still working on grasping Oracle's *use* of it). How prevalent is it is the *real* world and how are people using it in general.

Thanks,

     Hannah Received on Tue Nov 14 2000 - 07:02:11 CST