Why can I change rollback segs minextents? (Was: Rollback Segments Errors)

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:27:46 -0800 (PST)

Hi, James,

No. I was responding to people that say they can't change the min_extents of rollback segments. Oracle manual also says we cannot change it (http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a85397/statem16.htm#2052313). But why can I change it? Is this something Oracle changed from an older version but forgot to change the documentation? People are not testing and still believe how it used to behave?

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

James wrote:

Rollback segments require a minimum of 2 extents. Is that the question that you are asking?

James