Re: Ugh! Java and Oracle 8.1.7

From: Suzy Vordos <lvordos_at_datsit.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:19:56 -0700

Hey Roby,

Just installed JVM on 8.1.7 and didn't run into any ORA-600's (new database, not upgrade). But I did use svrmgrl instead of sqlplus due to earlier problems with some scripts executing properly in sqlplus in previous 8i releases (hmmmm, have those been fixed ??).

Here are the scripts I ran, any additional ones needed??

@$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjvm.sql
@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/initplsj.sql
@$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/init_jis.sql
@$ORACLE_HOME/javavm/install/initjsp.sql

initjsp.sql appeared to hang, but eventually finished....

Suzy