RE: How to tell 816 is 64 bit or 32 bit

From: Maser, Donna (SEA) <DonnaMaser_at_chiroscience.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 12:44:00 -0800

Also,
 What is the migration like from 32-bit to 64-bit Oracle server?
- Donna

From: Rao, Maheswara [mailto:Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com] Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 6:46 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: How to tell 816 is 64 bit or 32 bit

Zhong,

I put the heading in the subject.

There are various ways to know whether 816 installation is 64 or 32 bit. The quickest and easiest way is log into SQL with a valid user name and password. In the header, you will a message similar to the following:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.6.0.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning option

JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0 - Production

2. Oracle Technet has the documentation.

3. Regarding advantages - You can browse additional functions incorporated from the following link.

http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle8i <http://technet.oracle.com/products/oracle8i>

The above link also tells you the product features incorporated for Release 3.

Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com <mailto:Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com>