Re: is problem on remote or local database?

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:34:05 +0100

Hi, to make it clearer: The error message is completely correct, but you don't understand it. (I think you use tnsnames) 'listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor' it's meant that your net service name cannot be found in the tnsnames.ora. That has nothing to do with finding the remote machine in the network. You must use the FQN of your service that's SID.world or SID.bullshit.com but not SID. If you use domainless names, you don't have to give 'world' but the dot must remain!! Change the row SID= into SID.= .

oli

--
---

Oliver Artelt, System- und Datenbankadministration
  cubeoffice GmbH & Co.KG # jordanstrasse 7 # 39112 magdeburg
telefon: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10 # telefax: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 19
   email: oli@cubeoffice.de # web: http://www.cubeoffice.de