RE: Killing "Killed" Users

From: Regina Harter <rharter_at_emc-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:49:20 -0800

Maybe it depends on the system you are using, but I have always had the opposite experience, in that if you killed the system process first, it somehow lost the Oracle process and you COULDN'T kill it even though it was still running. The only solution at that point was to either wait for the process to finish on it's own, if it could, or bounce the DB.