RE: CACHE or NOCACHE

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:36:21 -0500

Do not cache it because it's obviously a transaction table and not a reference
table. What you may pay attention to are extents, free lists and initrans/maxtrans values. You should also consider using discrete transactions where it is appropriate. What is more, make sure that your DBWR and LGWR are well tuned, make sure that you have enough DML locks, processes and the other relevand database resources. You should also make sure that your hardware can support such a volume and that you are not trying to get 200 MPH from an old Ford Escort.

Author: LOREN SUMMERS
  INET: loren_summers_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Nov 13 2000 - 09:36:21 CST