RE: Installation only by script

From: Adams, Matthew (GEA, 088130) <MATT.ADAMS_at_APPL.GE.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:36:31 -0500

Why would the master need to have Oracle shut down? We have sucessfully backed up $ORACLE_HOME while oracle was running
(and more importantly, we have sucessfully restored those backups)

Is there some gotcha that could come up later that I'm not aware of?

R. Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com
     Building a new system can be accomplished in three modes
     Good, Fast, Cheap
     Pick your favorite two.