RE: 2GB OS LIMIT

From: <ddorr.cs_at_clearstream.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:38:41 +0100

> ----------

Send your export to a named pipe and start a process that will compress & split from that pipe :

mknod exp_pipe p
compress -c < exp_pipe | split -b 2048m - <name> &

set FILE = exp_pipe in your export parameter file.

> Is there any way to write the export file directly into 4mm tape?

Sure : set the FILE parameter to the name of the tape device : /dev/rmt ( or whatever )